Please follow the directions below to ensure completion of the Veterinary Technology Program Online Application
- Need to obtain a CSID number.
- Applications must be completed on-line. No paper applications will be accepted. The Veterinary Technology Program application can be found at https://www.sdmesa.edu/academics/schools-departments/allied-health/apply-to-allied-health.shtml
- Review the VT Program Brochure to ensure understanding of the online application process. Please pay close attention
to prerequisite completion and information session attendance requirements.
Ideally, all prerequisite courses should be completed or be enrolled in prior applying to the program. NOTE: If the course was taken at an institution outside of Mesa College, a second “Official Transcript” must be submitted after the course is completed showing a letter grade of “C” or better.
The official transcripts are a critical component of a complete application. Successful completion of these courses will be verified and acceptance to the VT Program will be pending proof of completion of prerequisites with a passing letter grade of “C” or better.
Pre-requisites must have been taken within the last 5 years. Course numbers refer to Mesa College’s courses.
- Biology 107 (General Biology): 4 unit general college biology class which includes a lab
- Chemistry 100 and 100L (General Chemistry): 3 unit general college chemistry lecture and a 1 unit lab class
- VTAH 140 (Veterinary Microbiology and Immunology): 2 unit. Offered Spring 2022
- College Success (PERG 120) and Basic Skills for Health Care Careers (ALLH 48): Strongly suggested, but not required
- Attend a Program information session.
- Provide a list of any animal or veterinary medical related experience you may hav Also, please include
information on any career exploration efforts you have made. Start with the most recent:
Examples include veterinary clinic employment, volunteering, job shadowing, farm experience,
animal breeding or showing, 4-H, FFA
- Gather all required documents prior to beginning your online application. You will NOT be able to save and return to your application. Once all documents are complete, follow the prompts to complete the online application.
- No letters of recommendation are required, nor will they be accepted, as part of the
special admissions proces.
- Ensure the application confirmation checklist is complete
Start Online Application (available 12/1/2021 @ 12pm)
Thank you for your interest in the Veterinary Technology Program at San Diego Mesa College.