Transfer Center Contact Info
Location: Remotely - please contact us via phone or email
Monday - Thursday, 8:00am - 6:00pm
Friday, 8:00am - 3:00pm
- Transfer Center Supervisor
- Transfer Center Coordinator
- Student Services Technician
- Senior Student Services Assistant
- Student Services Assistant
- Adjunct Transfer Counselor:
- Adjunct Transfer Counselor:
ATTENTION TO ALL STUDENTS:
Due to the current situation with COVID-19, campus is closed to students until further notice and services are limited. Departments will be assisting students remotely. For more information and updates, please visit the SDCCD Coronavirus news center here: https://www.sdccd.edu/coronavirus/index.aspx
HOW TO CONTACT US:
For assistance, our phone/email hours will be Monday - Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. and Fridays from 9:00 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.
Google voice: 619-800-3269. Please be ready with your Mesa College ID number so we can better assist you. if you leave a message provide a call back number. Please be advised an “unknown caller or blocked” will be returning your call. Email: email@example.com, NO APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE VIA EMAIL. We will respond within 3-5 business days. Please do not forget to include your Mesa College ID number in the email, so we can better assist you.
Attention students sending emails to the Transfer Center: Do not send emails containing specific application questions. Due to the backlog of emails and the unique nature of transfer issues the Transfer Center cannot respond to these email. Please use our transfer application workshops, virtual open labs or other resources including video tutorials, video workshops and Transfer PowerPoints. Students can also sign up for one on one admissions representative meetings.
Use this link for more information regarding online services at SD Mesa College:
Student Services Online Resources
ONLINE TRANSFER SERVICES:
- CSU Fall 2021 Application Assistance
- Transfer Workshops
- Virtual college rep meetings
- Transfer Fall 2020 FAQS
- SDSU Microsite Degree Completion Program at Mesa
- The Triton Transfer Hub
- Final Year Transfer Check List
- Spring 2021 Transfer, Career, and Evaluations Center Welcome Week Activities (February 1st-5th)
CAMPUSES STILL ACCEPTING ADMISSION APPLICATIONS:
Many California State University campuses have extended their application window past December 15th. There are still several CSU options available for Fall 2021. Many campuses have sent messages already but we wanted to make sure you have the full list of campuses. Please see further details below:
- East Bay - March 2, 2021
- Humboldt – February 28, 2021
- Los Angeles – January 19, 2021, Except for Nursing for transfer students
- Pomona –
- Hospitality Management until March 1stand
- Early Childhood Studies until January 31st
- San Bernardino - February 1, 2021
- San Francisco- non-impacted programs until January 31, 2021
- San Marcos – January 31, 2021
- Stanislaus – February 1, 2021
CSU APPLICATION CLINIC BY CSUSM:
No registration required, simply join during any of the scheduled times listed below.
SDSU Supplemental Application Information Sessions facilitated by SDSU:
TRANSFER APPLICATION NEXT STEP:
Have you applied to a four year university? Many schools require students to update their applications and/or complete a supplemental application. Join a transfer application next step Open Lab to get help with your supplemental applications, CSU and UC Updates. Every school may have a different supplemental application deadline. SDSU Supplemental application is due January 22, 2021. UC and CSU updates are due January 31, 2021.
- Wednesday, January 20, from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm.
- Thursday, January 21, from 12:00 - 2:00 pm.
- Friday, January 22, from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm. SDSU Supplemental Application is due tonight.
- Monday, January 25 , from 3:00 - 5:00 pm.
- Tuesday, January 26, from 12:00 - 2:00 pm.
- Wednesday, January 27, from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm.
- Thursday, January 28, from 12:00 - 2:00 pm.
- Friday, January 29, from 10:00 am - 12:00 pm.
SDSU Supplemental Application Resources:
- Fall 2021 Transfer Application Next Step PowerPoint
- Supplemental Application Tutorial for fall 2021
- Fall Steps to Apply- Step 3: Complete the online SDSU Supplemental Application (January 22, 2021 deadline)
- Transfer Application Next Step Open Lab Recording
- GPA Calculation Sheet - Excel Fillable
- GPA Calculator Tutorial
- GPA Calculation Sheet Dos & Dont's!
Are you interested in transferring to a four-year university? Get your transfer questions answered by a Transfer Center representative. Click here to register in advance for this meeting and to receive the zoom link.
CSU Application Assistance:
- Please complete this application planning tool BEFORE you sign up to the CSU application Workshop. Your organization and pre-planning will assist us with a smooth CSU Application process. This will be your confirmation to move on to the virtual CSU application workshop
- Cal State Apply Help Center
- CSU Application Guide PowerPoint: Cal State Apply application important information & key updates only presentation
- CSU Application Guide
- CSU Application
- CSU Application FAQs
- For the Fall 2021 application term: Cal State Apply application tutorial video (step-by-step) click here
- CSU Application Fee Waiver, If financial circumstances have changed for 2020, applicants will need to contact the CSU campus directly to request a fee waiver. Campuses may use a Fee Waiver Appeal form or some other method to receive requests. If approved, a coupon code that covers the cost of the application is provided by the campus. Applicants should complete (not submit) the application in full as soon as possible to confirm they are not eligible for the fee waiver based on 2019 income information and then contact the campus(es) to request a fee waiver appeal. Some campuses have students work with the financial aid office for this but the process at each campus may vary. Applicants may contact the campus admission office via the general email found here.
- Application fee waiver appeals are also still available. If a student’s family has experienced a significant change in income between 2019 income, reported on their application, and 2020 they may qualify for an application fee waiver appeal. Fee waiver appeals are handled by the individual CSU campuses. The student would need to contact each campus(es) they are interested in applying. Contact information for campuses can be found here.
- The fee waiver appeal form is available on the Application Fee Waiver site.
- CSU Application fee waiver appeals for San Francisco State University should be submitted to us by Thursday January 28, 2021 at the latest since January 31 lands on a weekend.
- CSU Campuses Contact Info
UC Application assistance:
- UC San Diego Transfer Application Video
- UC Santa Barbara UC Application Overview: 10 Steps Tutorial
- UC Transfer Application
- UC Transfer Admission Planner( TAP)
- UC Personal Insight Question Video Guide
- UC TAG Matrix
- UC TAG Workshop PowerPoint
- UC Application Guide
- THE TRITON TRANSFER HUB
- Click here for our Fall 2020 Transfer Events Flyer
- UC Application Fee Waiver, If students do not qualify for a fee waiver based on 2019 income, the student should select the ‘pay by mail’ option, submit the application, and then email the UC Application Center (firstname.lastname@example.org) asking for a fee waiver based on 2020 income. These requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis, but the student must submit the application first before requesting the fee waiver. There is no fee to waive if the student hasn’t actually submitted the application yet. (Ask UC, email@example.com)
- Please note that once the application has been submitted students cannot make any edits to content. They can make changes to their contact information and in January they will submit their Fall grades and make any changes to what they had initially planed for Spring. They cannot make any changes to PIQs, activities, courses for prior terms (before FA20) or add any other academic history. If they discover an error, they can add a comment in the TAU in January.
Common Application Assistance:
- Common application guide
- Common application link
- Common App Transfer Login You can go directly to the transfer login page however I would recommend that you check out the main page first using the Common application link
- Common App Help Center: YOU WILL FIND: starting your common app for transfer, filling out your Common App for transfer, sending your official transcripts to the common app for transfer, submitting and monitoring your common app for transfer
- Instructions for the Transfer College Report for the Common Application: Student Affairs has created a simple process for the student to follow. It can be found here
Transfer Students General Education Certification:
Have you been accepted to a CSU or UC for Fall 2020 and need a General Education Certification? Students who need certification of completion of lower-division general education requirements for transfer to UC or CSU, must complete the Request for Certification. Please complete the General Education Certification request form here, and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org . Please refer to the General Education Certification page for the requirements and procedure.
Click here: BLM Resources @ Mesa College
Transfer Center Mission
The San Diego Mesa College Transfer Center is the focal point of transfer activities and up-to-date information for our diverse college community. We provide resources and support to empower students to become experts of their transfer educational goals and transition to a four year institution.